You can activate a Single Site license for the first time after successful installation of Tally.ERP 9 Silver or Tally.ERP 9 Gold on your computer. To activate the single site license, you must have Administrative Rights or login as an administrator, enter the License Serial Number and Activation Key printed on the Installation Guide for Tally.ERP 9 and enter your E-Mail ID.
Note: Activate Tally.ERP 9 using the Tally 9 License Serial Number and Activation Key provided along with the CD.
• Start Tally.ERP 9
The Startup screen appears
• Select Activate License
The Activate License screen appears
• Select First time activation for your organisation
• The Activate License form appears
• Enter the required License Serial Number in the Serial Number field
• Enter the required Activation Key in the Activation Key field
• Enter your E-Mail ID in the E-Mail ID of Administrator field
• Repeat the Email-ID in the Repeat (E-Mail ID of Administrator) field
Unique account identification is created using this E-Mail ID and the license serial number is linked to this account. The License Key, Password and Account related information are mailed to the E-Mail ID provided in the activation form.
• Press Enter to activate a Single Site License.
• Tally.ERP 9 searches for the availability of Internet Connectivity on your computer
Internet Connection is Available
• Tally.ERP 9 displays a message Congratulation! Your activation Request has been
• The Tally_lck.lic file is created which resides in the default Tally.ERP 9 directory
• Proceed to section titled Procedure to Unlock License File
Internet Connection is not Available
• Tally.ERP 9 displays a message Could not Connect to Internet, Do you want to
Generate the License File Offline.
• Press Y or click Yes to proceed with the Offline Licensing.
• Tally.ERP 9 displays a message Your Offline Activation Request has been Created
Successfully. A license request file titled Tally_req.lic is generated and stored in the
default Tally.ERP 9 folder.
• Copy the Tally_Req.lic file onto a pen drive/CD and transfer it to another computer with
Internet Connectivity and Tally.ERP 9. On this computer, Tally.ERP 9 could be in Educational
• Start Tally.ERP 9 on this computer
• Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Licensing > Send External Request
• Tally.ERP 9 displays a message Offline Response File Tally_lck.lic Generated
Successfully. The Tally_lck.lic is created and stored in the default Tally.ERP 9 directory.
• The License Key to activate the Tally.ERP 9 license and the Password areemailed
separately to the email id provided in the activation form.
• Copy Tally_lck.lic and transfer it to the default Tally.ERP 9 applicationfolder of the
computer where Tally.ERP 9 has to be activated.
• Start Tally.ERP 9 • Proceed to section titled Procedure to Unlock License File
Procedure to Unlock License File
• Access your mail and retrieve the unlock key before proceeding to unlock the license file.
• In the Startup screen select Unlock License
• Type the Unlock Key retrieved in unlock field and press Enter.
On successfully unlocking the license file, Tally.ERP 9 displays the following message
On starting Tally.ERP 9, the License Serial Number and Account ID are displayed under the Version and Licesing tab of the information panel respectively.